One More Brawl Taunts One More Brawl Taunts

What a joke

"Hey all, Rina-chan here! Because all good things come in trilogies-"

hahahahaha stop right there 'Rina'

Jackie Jackie

really nice toon

lovely. especially the minimal use of dialogue. great expressive characters.

Open Here Open Here

Well

You had the concept down, too bad you decided to go with generic dragonball z stick figure + forever-stationary camera angle. For this reason this film is nothing special or new. Good effects though.

A Bird and a Burger A Bird and a Burger

Pretty good!

I made a cartoon like this once..

PIED3 responds:

Thanks!

From Player to Playa From Player to Playa

Haha

Great

Stick Slayer vs Xiao Xiao Stick Slayer vs Xiao Xiao

Uh,,

To everyone bitching about this movie and saying that Xiao Xiao is "some of the best animation on this site" cannot honestly say they've ever done a day's worth of proper animating in their lives. Stick figures are among the easiest thing to animate EVER, excluding maybe tween queen stuff like Legendary frog. There's plenty of QUALITY animation mixed with QUALITY art which trumps xiao xiao any day. now go back to your hilarious smash bros parodies guys!

More Brawl Taunts More Brawl Taunts

Not bad

Probably was a bit too reminiscant of the Awesome series though. And uh... there seems to be a little plagiarism from Shmorky's work.

WeRBopBop #15 WeRBopBop #15

Super

Original, did you come up with that all by yourself?

Gamer Tonight-Abused Sim Gamer Tonight-Abused Sim

Shockingly terrible

I honestly cannot empathise with people who enjoy this at all, or understand why it is so highly rated (oh wait... it's based around video games)
The visuals were appalling with no apparent set style used (you constantly mingle pen, pencil, thin lines, thick lines, etc, even on the same character! Not to mention the random interchangable versions of stick figures you used).
Voices were annoying. Script felt like a 12-year-old's webcomic from 2002.
Overall: messy, lazy, holding no element of design or style. Features hideously unoriginal concept. It's kind of sad that people will continue to settle for the same old thing year after year.
If you are happy with this and consider its reception on NG any kind of hint as to your skill level or guaranteed success, put it all into perspective and reconsider.
This is all the constructive criticism I can give; I'm being so harsh because from what I gather you regard yourself a genius in this field and are confident that you can do a whole lot better!

RubberNinja responds:

Fair call, to which I totally agree. I was already complaining about the score on a recent Newgrounds blog post, it is rather ridiculous. But as we both know, no artist as control over what the public vote. As to it being about video games.. Well I don't think my employers over at the "Video Games Review Show" would have been to happy about me making an animation about the industrial revolution. So give or take, I really didn't have a choice over the general topic.

"and consider its reception on NG any kind of hint as to your skill level or guaranteed success, put it all into perspective and reconsider."

Well I believe to an extent I'm not happy with this level of animation. Like I did state in the authors comments, this was of course stuck together under extreme time constraints for the show.

"you constantly mingle pen, pencil, thin lines, thick lines, etc, even on the same character!"

It's all paintbrush Tommy. Just some of it is more smoothly defined then other parts (mainly the re-used symbols). Admittedly the picky things you pointed out, were in fact me doing a rush job to meet deadlines. No denying that.

"The background and set were both a random mish-mash of shapes and colours, giving the scene no structure whatsoever."

I agree. But it's a bit late for that now.. I finished animating all of these back in June. In the "interview format break-away", I'm spending a lot of time on the backgrounds.. Trying to get them looking as structured as possible.

"I'm being so harsh because from what I gather you regard yourself a genius in this field and are confident that you can do a whole lot better!"

I wouldn't say I'm in any way a genius of any sorts, but yes.. I do believe I'm capable of a lot better, given the appropriate time frame. And I must sincerely thank you for this review. It's comments like these that do in fact motivate me to better myself. Unlike other artists, who are generally just scared away with these comments.

Thanks Tommy. Appreciated.

The adventures of Baxter The adventures of Baxter

Haha

Your voice and cartoon style remind me of Marc M, work on the visuals a bit more and this is perfect.